Info for Teams
Teams are allowed to have 5 members working on the sculpture at any time during the build-out. However, the team may include up to 10 people and work on a tag-in/tag-out rotation.
It is the responsibility of each entering team to acquire their canned food.
Tips for acquiring canned food:
- Request food donation from a food manufacturer/distributor/grocer/wholesaler
- Host an employee food drive
- Ask team members to pitch in by shopping for cans while buying groceries
- Ask your co-workers to help recruit donations, order food, etc.
Build-out Rules & Regulations
Size of Structure – Maximum structure size = 10ft L x 10ft W x 10ft H
Size of Build Team – Maximum team size = five (5) builders at a time
Build Time – Maximum build out time = twelve (12) hours
Props – Props may be used, however, it is best to solve design problems with food items. (If you must use props, try to make them out of food items such as tea of coffee bags, condiment packets, etc.) Lighting, mirrors, and electronic devices are acceptable but may reduce a structure’s chance of winning the International Competition.
Types of Cans
Non Permissible Items:
- NO glass containers or alcoholic beverages
- NO junk food or pet food
- NO opened, exposed or expired food/beverage
- NO covered, removed, or altered label
- NO empty cans or plastic bottles/containers
- Full, unopened, canned food of all sizes with labels intact/unaltered
- Full, unopened, beverage cans of all size with labels intact (NO alcoholic beverages)
- Full, unopened, plastic bottles/containers of food/beverage with labels intact
- Use of boxes, bags, and packets of food is acceptable; however, cans must be used for the majority of the structure
Structures MUST be supported internally and externally by canned food and/or beverage cans between leveling materials.
Non Permissible Items:
- NO wood or metal beams, struts, steel tubes or bracing materials
- NO leveling materials (templates) greater than 1/4″ thick
- NO sheet metal, steel plates, Fiberock, or glass
- NO permanent adhesives or bonding process
- Velcro, magnets, zip ties, tape, silicone
- Rubberbands, nylon string, wire mesh, or wire
- Wood or steel rods, PVC pipe, threaded metal rods
- Leveling materials (templates) not greater than 1/4″ thick. Examples:
- Foam core
Coordinator, Brand Communications
Westwood Professional Services